Status update – The To Go list
Many have been asking for an update. We are getting close and it looks like our next big hurdle will be the weather.
The list is broken into two sections. The first is stuff that must be done before we leave. The second is stuff that should be done as soon as possible.
Must be done
- Tri-color/Anchor light replacement – The new bulbs are on the boat just need to go back up the mast.
- Fuel – Need more. We have two 140 Gal diesel tanks, stb is empty, port has ~30%. The port tank fuel is old, we are going to get a biocide and burn it. The new fuel will go in the stb tank. Any fuel issues we switch filters and tanks.
- Gen Set – Once away from the dock this will be our primary power source. It currently does not stay running. My brother thinks it is a fuel issue, bleed line and check filter.
- Anchor, chain, and windlass – We know the windlass works but we don’t know how the rest looks. We will pull it all out onto the dock and check it out.
- Propane – We started our second bottle last week. We will fill the first before we head out.
- Fill water tanks – We have three for a total of 300 Gal, we have only be using one. We had planned to fill all three but Heather heard something about the water quality here and wants to wait on the other two. We have been drinking bottled water.
- Check steering fluid – We have hydraulic steering. Both helms should work.
- Jacklines & Tethers – Required when going offshore. We have all materials just need to make them.
- Oil Change – Should be obvious
- Raw water impeller – This pulls seawater through the engine to cool it. Replacement due.
- Wind steering – Partially complete. It is fully installed but a cable is binding. Really got to have if going off shore.
- Flares – Complete. Needed new ones. Keeping the old
- Boat name change – Complete
- Head – Complete. Must be able to pee.
Should be done
- Tiller set screws – See this post
- Solar panel – It works, needs to be attached to batteries with with either a charge controller or a diode
- Lifeline netting – For the critters. We have all materials.
- Shower – The shower faucets need to be replaced, there is some water.
- Spreader lights – Really nice to have. Both our bulbs have blown and I want to replace with LEDs.
- RIB checked – We have two dinghies on board. One hard that sits up on deck and a RIB the hangs off the davits. The rib was deflated, we bought a pump, two of the three chambers have leaks.
- Outboards checked – We have two outboards and one tank. I can row the hard dinghy.
- Third reef – Our main has three reefs, the third does not have foot tie lines.