Chicken Devan – Keto friendly
Took our family Chicken Devan recipe and made it keto friendly. This recipe made 5 servings and was a total of 678 calories / serving.
- 2 crowns broccoli; cooked & chopped
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 6 oz mushrooms, thick sliced
- 1 batch homemade cream of chicken/mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, small, chopped fine
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot (or cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1.5 cups grated sharp Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 oz grated Parmesan
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder (to taste)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Homemade Chicken Mushroom Soup
- Chop mushrooms into small pieces.
- Melt butter in skillet
- Add the mushrooms and cook 2 minutes
- Add the onions and garlic, cook for 2 more minutes
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, cornstarch or arrowroot, cook for another few minutes until it begins to thicken. Set aside.
- Cook Chicken w/chicken broth and 1 Tbsp curry powder – until you can pull it apart with 2 forks
- Shred chicken, set aside
- Cook broccoli al dente, chop it up
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, lemon juice, remaining curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste, add wine
- Whisk together to make a sauce. Mix well with a spatula
- Place chicken in the bottom of brownie pan or similar size pan
- Place broccoli on top of the shredded chicken
- Place cooked broccoli on top of chicken
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli and chicken
- Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula
- Sprinkle Parmesan over the top
Bake for about 30 to 45 minutes.
Cook’s Note: Try topping with Cheddar or Gruyere cheese. Also, if you really like the curry flavor, add as much as you like until you think it tastes good!