Almond Bread – Low Carb
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 eggs whole
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups almond flour (fine)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Separate yolks from eggs (except 2).
- Mix egg yolks with melted butter
- Add 2 cups almond flour
- Add 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Mix well and set aside
- Whip egg whites and cream of tartar together until they form stiff peaks
- Gently fold the egg whites into the “dough”
- Grease the bread pan with butter and use parchment paper on the bottom
- Pour batter into the bread pan
- Place pan in the center of the oven and bake for 40 minutes at 375
Bread was dense. Heavy, it was hard on the edges. Sliced into it with my bread knife, it is pretty. We shared the end piece with butter, mmmmm. Reminded me of my Swedish Rye… Texture, melts in your mouth almost, but holds up well for cooking. We cooked it in a buttered non-stick skillet, it was good! Worth it.
We made open face breakfast sandwiches. The bread absorbed the butter, tasted amazing with tomato and avocado. In the future, I would leave the sausage and egg on the side. I would make this again. I don’t crave bread, but this would do the trick if I was. Syd has been craving grilled cheese, we will try one in the next day or so. We ate 1/3 of the loaf and will be full until dinner!