Made some gluten free, keto friendly crackers this morning, they taste a bit like wheat thins, probably would be more so if we added some sesame seeds before toasting. Here’s some pics and the recipe if you are interested in trying them!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, or bowl.
- Stir until it becomes dough like.
- Roll dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper, until it is approx 1/16 inch thick
- Transfer dough to a cookie sheet
- Slice with pizza slicer, or sharp knife, into squares or rectangles
- Poke crackers with fork, this helps the cracker get crispy
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Watch it so they don’t burn.
I forgot to poke my crackers with a fork before I cooked it, so I had to add an extra 10 minutes… If the edges get done early, pull those crackers out and keep cooking the center.